Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And the universe keeps smiling down upon John and me...............

Met the most wonderful young woman, albeit telephonically, a journalist by the name of  Caroline Walker who contacted me after finding my blogs about Hart Island & John; was very interested in "our" story and wanted a quick interview for possible use in an upcoming book (proposal) she's working on. That "quick interview" turned into nearly 3 hours of chat. Wow! is all I can say.  She's living the life I'd like to have lived and want to be just like her when I grow up - lol!  Seriously though, her enthusiasm, passion for what she's doing, and her encouragement for what I'm trying to do - well, we're a match made in earthly heaven.  Possibilities are endless so who knows, right?  She found John & Hart Island through my blogs so, hopefully, it's just a matter of time before all of you out there will find us too :)  It's so frustrating cause I'm doing all I can but there's only so far I can go alone - I'm just one little speck of sand within a large bowl of life and I need some big bulldozer to scoop me up, plant the seeds of info, and help me, John's story and the plight of Hart Island, blossom & grow so that it may benefit thousands and thousands and thousands of living and departed souls.  That's my mission.  So, anyway, haven't heard from the NYC Council Fire and Criminal Justice Committee Chair, Elizabeth Crowley (copy to Councilman Oddo) to whom I wrote in May 2011 for an "Oversight Hearing" regarding the DOC - and she looks like such a kind & caring person.  I know, I know, they probably view me as some crazy woman BUT ask me if I care. As my friends know, I'm real good at being a "pain in the ass" and I can't  think of any better cause than Hart Island and my brother to work my "pain in the ass" magic - lol! S-o-o-o-o-o it's time for a follow-up to Chairperson Crowley.  I wonder if she knows, since I have now officially identified her here, that (at some point) anyone who googles her will now hit on my blog as well.  Ain't technology grand?

Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment